We are off to a great start with family-style dining back in Coolidge! We have successfully transitioned from our old schedule of three lunches to four lunches to accommodate the past few years’ increase in numbers in the middle school. Students are all taking turns in important roles in the lunch systems. Everyone is learning to be part of our community and how they can help make everything run smoothly.
This week we ate a number of delicious and healthy items harvested from the BDS garden:
- potatoes – purple, white, and golden (Some of the potatoes we ate were picked and cleaned by our pre-kindergarten class. They were so delicious! Thank you pre-k!)
- heirloom cherry tomatoes
- beans – pole beans, green-yellow-purple string beans
We have the planning and work of Kathy Jo Solomon to thank for the bountiful harvest this fall!
Our kitchen team continues to grow:
- Tara Lightbody – food program director
- Vlad Hucko – assistant chef
- Ellen Brandt – customer service kitchen coordinator
- Gwen Hatt – customer service kitchen assistant
We will also be adding Isabelle Dore as a culinary support person. She begins on Monday, October 3!