Students on stage performing Seussical JR.

Tuition and Financing

Academic Year Tuition 2024-25

Belmont Day uses a banded model for tuition rates. We have tuition bands at pre-kindergarten and kindergarten, first and second grade, third through fifth grade, and sixth through eighth grade.

Grade 1$42,170
Grade 2$42,170
Grade 3$46,040
Grade 4$46,040
Grade 5$46,040
Grade 6$51,280
Grade 7$51,280
Grade 8$51,280

After School for All Grades

Trimester 1, Session A: September 6 to November 21, 2023
Trimester 2, Session B: November 27, 2023 to March 8, 2024
Trimester 3, Session C: March 11 to June 10, 2024
Monday to Thursday
3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Session ASession BSession C
1 day per week$232$261$273
2 days per week$464$522$546
3 days per week$696$783$818
4 days per week$928$1,044$1,091
Monday to Thursday
3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Session ASession BSession C
1 day per week$522$587$614
2 days per week$1,044$1,175$1,227
3 days per week$1,566$1,762$1,841
4 days per week$2,088$2,349$2,454
Monday to Thursday
4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Session ASession BSession C
1 day per week$290$326$341
2 days per week$580$653$682
3 days per week$870$979$1,022
4 days per week$1,160$1,305$1,363
Fridays onlySession ASession BSession C
12:30 to 3:30 p.m.$696$766$766
12:30 to 5:30 p.m.$1,218$1,340$1,340

Tuition Schedules and Payment Plans 

Many parents seek out independent schools because they understand the advantages of small classes, excellent teaching, a depth of offerings, and a strong sense of community. At Belmont Day, our uniquely supportive community challenges learners and leaders by fostering intellectual curiosity, honoring differences, and empowering meaningful contributions guided by six core values.

We recognize and understand the importance of making a Belmont Day education affordable to families. The following information outlines payment schedules and financing options. To learn more about financial assistance please visit the Financial Assistance Process page.

Belmont Day is committed to providing the opportunity of an independent school education to families, regardless of their financial circumstances. It is our goal that any child who has been accepted to the school will be able to attend.

General Tuition Payment Schedule

Once a child has been accepted or is re-enrolled for the next academic year, a reservation deposit is required to reserve a place in a class. This deposit will be applied to the second tuition payment due January 15.

For families receiving financial assistance, the reservation deposit is adjusted to reflect the percentage of tuition assistance offered.

School Tuition

Tuition for the school year will be billed as follows: 60% of the tuition is due on or before July 1, with the remaining 40% of tuition (less the reservation deposit) due on or before January 15. Payment for tuition may be made by cash or check.

After School Tuition

Families may enroll in the After School Program by trimester or for the whole year. Invoices are available on the Parent Portal. This program is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Payment Plans

Ten Payment Plan
Ten payment plan payments for tuition are due on the first of each month starting in May of each year. For those who will pay tuition via the autopay feature, the first payments will be withdrawn from bank or credit card accounts on the first of the month or the first bank business day thereafter if the first falls on a weekend or holiday.

Single Payment Plan
The first invoice for tuition is made available in June, with payment due on July 1.

Two Payment Plan
The first invoice for tuition is made available in June, with payment due on July 1 each year. The second invoice for tuition is made available in December, with payment due on the subsequent January 15 each year.

Tuition Refund Insurance
Regardless of the payment plan, those who elect tuition refund insurance will see the premium charge on the first invoice. Learn more about Tuition Refund Insurance.

Service Fees
For those who elect the Two Payment Plan or Ten Payment plan, there is a plan service fee. For those plans, the charge appears on the first tuition invoice.

Incidental Fees

During the course of the school year, fees are billed for field trips, the After School Program and enrichment classes, and bus transportation. For those who pay via autopay, the payments will be withdrawn from a bank or credit card account on the due date of the incidental invoice. Parents may also initiate online payments via the Parent Portal.

Credit Card Convenience Fees
For payments made by credit card, a convenience fee is charged by the credit card processor and added to your payment. Payments made via ACH through a bank checking or savings account do not incur charges.

Scroll to Top
Giving Day 2023 logo

It’s BDS Giving Day—help us reach 225 gifts in 24 hours!