Summer Camp Registration
Summer Camp Registration
Thank you for your interest in Belmont Day Summer Camp.
We have limited availability for our day camp program, but a number of our specialty camps still have space. Join us for one- to two-week programs focusing on specific topics. The following specialty camps have space remaining as of April 20, 2023.
Pre-Camp: June 20-23 (no camp on June 19)
Curious Creators | entering pre-k and kindergarten
Campers will explore their creative potential through books, arts and crafts, and exploring the environment through sensory and movement activities. A variety of materials and mediums, including some edible crafts, will be part of the creative exploration. Each day includes a free swim period, as well as rest time after lunch. Each child will build a craft portfolio to bring home on Friday.
Magic: The Gathering Deck Masters | entering grades 4 to 8
Campers will spend four days immersed in Planes of Magic: The Gathering, learning about different game modes and deck-building strategies and trying out competitive formats. Cards will be provided to build decks from; campers are also welcome to bring cards home. Experience with Magic: The Gathering is encouraged but not required.
Session A: June 26-July 7 (camp is closed on July 4)
Wire Crafting & Creations | entering grades 6 to 9
From jewelry to phone holders to keychains, there’s an endless world of possibilities to style for oneself or for gifts. No experience is necessary. Each day will include structured and unstructured making time, along with swimming and time outdoors.
Sessions B: July 10-21
STEM: Nature Investigations | entering grades 3 to 5
Along with seasoned naturalist Zach Melisi, campers will explore the habitats surrounding Belmont Day and the plants, animals, invertebrates, and fungi that make up New England forests, fields, and wetlands, as well as the niches they fill in their respective ecosystems. Activities, explorations, crafts, and experiments will illuminate how the natural world functions and what humans can do to both protect and steward the wild spaces we have remaining. Mystery visitors will teach campers more about the natural world around us. Each day includes a free swim period and swim lessons.
Post Camp: August 21-25
Ultimate Camp | entering grades 6 to 9
Campers will learn from seasoned ultimate players—practicing throws, learning strategy, participating in mini-games and scrimmages, and a coach vs. camper game. Each day includes a free swim period.
If a program is fully enrolled, you always have the option to add your child to the wait-list. There is no cost and no commitment required to join the wait-list, but CampMinder will ask for payment information. Wait-lists are dependent on withdrawals; when a family decides to withdraw from a session or program, we offer that spot to the first person on the wait-list.
You will receive an email from us offering the spot and a deadline to respond by. Only then will your child be enrolled, and the card on file charged the applicable deposit. Wait-lists are capped at 25 campers. Those wait-listed gain access to returning family registration in subsequent years.
For families with multiple children, if one child is wait-listed and the other gets a spot in camp, you are eligible for a full refund if your second child does not get off the waitlist.
If you are enrolling for Belmont Day summer programs for the first time, use our Camp In Touch registration site to complete a camper application. You will be prompted to create a username and password.
If your camper has previously enrolled in camp programs at BDS, use your username and password from previous summers.
- Please note camper groups are based on the grade children will enter in the fall of 2023. Our registration system asks you to enter the grade your child is currently enrolled in. For new registrations, please read the prompt on the application and enter the grade your child is in during the 2022-23 school year. For returning families, the system already contains grade information for your child and cannot be changed.
- If you need grade information (or other profile information) to be changed, contact us at email@example.com.
- If you are a returning family with duplicate accounts or cannot remember your password, please do not create a new account. We can reset your password if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also merge duplicate accounts.
There are two portals to access CampMinder:
- To submit new applications for summer camp using the Camper Application
- To log in after registering to view your campers’ profile(s), use CampInTouch
After completing an application, you may return to Camp in Touch to access or update information, add sessions or extended day, or complete medical information. This is also where you can log in to:
- Make a payment and access a receipt on the Financial Management page
- View our Camp Family Handbook on the Forms and Documents page that contains useful information, including what to bring, how dismissal works, expectations for behavior and our discipline policy, and much more.
For questions not answered on our website, please email email@example.com or call Belmont Day’s main line at (617) 484-3078, and we will be happy to assist you.
We accept day summer camp applications for children throughout Arlington, Cambridge, Lexington, Lincoln, Medford, Newton, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Woburn, MA, and the surrounding communities.