Camp Employment Opportunities
Spend your summer at Belmont Day Camp!
At Belmont Day Summer Camp, we hire over 150 individuals each year to help run our programs and Swim and Tennis Association. Have fun in the sun, make some new friends, and become a part of our special summer community! Our hiring season runs throughout the spring, so it’s never too late to inquire about available positions. We ask all staff members to work for at least five weeks of our 10-week summer program. Here are some of the positions we hire for each summer:
- Counselors: Teens who are 16- to 18-years-old are welcome to apply. Our counselors are the heart of our workforce and spend their days with a camp group moving through a predetermined schedule, with free time to plan and run their own activities.
- Head Counselors: Those who have had a minimum of one year of college (or another post-high school experience) are welcome to apply. Head counselors are expected to be the leaders of their camper group. Head counselors help keep things running smoothly while acting as a mentor to younger counselors.
- Interns: 15-year-olds who are too young to be a counselor can join us as volunteer staff. They have an opportunity to get paid for working before and/or after camp in the extended day program.
- Activity Specialists: These staff members are college-age and older and have demonstrated experience in the programming area they want to lead such as art, crafts, sports, games, and yoga.
- STEM Counselors: Those who are 16+ and interested in working in specialized STEM activities focusing on coding, programming, and building LEGO robots with campers are welcome to apply.
- Swim Staff: Our swim staff spend their days at the pool teaching lessons to our campers and guarding free swim periods. All campers take swim lessons in the morning and have free swim time in the afternoon. Guards are eligible to get a $2 raise for working shifts at the Swim and Tennis Association (STA) which is open in the evenings and on weekends. A current lifeguarding certification is required; an internal certification option may be available.
- STA Weekend Coordinator: The coordinator is the lifeguard in charge during our weekend hours, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. This person is responsible for overseeing guards on duty, ensuring families receive excellent customer service and care while at the pool, as well as testing the pool water and notifying our director of summer programs if there are any issues. A current lifeguarding certification is required.
- STA Lifeguards: Certified lifeguards guard our pool during weekday evenings from 4:15 to 8:15 p.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends. STA guards can also work at camp and vice versa. A current lifeguarding certification is required.