Summer Fun for Children Ages 3 to 15
Now well into its eighth decade, the summer camp program at Belmont Day has experienced countless ‘s-milestones’ over the years. However, nothing may be more joyful and important than things returning to normal in 2023 after the years impacted by the pandemic.
During the 2023 camp season, we welcomed more than 900 campers, most attending multiple sessions (pre-camp, general camp sessions A-D, post-camp, and specialty programs) from mid-June to late August. The summer team brought the camper experience to new heights by returning to camp traditions, creating new offerings, and expanding special events.
Despite the rainy days, Summer 2023 will be remembered as sunny and warm, thanks to our campers and staff’s joy, laughter, and smiles. Thank you to our campers and their families for being a part of the Belmont Day Summer Camp community.
The summer team is already planning for Summer 2024! We offer several different types of camps and programs:
- Our General Day Camp runs in four two-week sessions (A, B, C, D) and provides a well-rounded camp experience for everyone, from our 3.5-year-old Ramblers to our rising eighth and ninth grade Future Leaders.
- Journeys Camp offers campers in grades 5-8 an opportunity to travel to exciting spots around Eastern Massachusetts, with a new destination each day.
- Specialty Camps offer programming centered around a specific topic, like engineering, nature, or art. These offerings change each year and are taught by staff with expertise in the topic of choice.
- Sports Camps offer one-week general sports-focused programs that begin and end our summer and are run in coordination with Belmont Day School’s athletics department.
- Summer Spark is our five-week academic enrichment program for non-BDS students. This program is taught by expert faculty and learning specialists and includes outdoor time and free swim each day.
- The Swim and Tennis Association is our off-hours pool and tennis membership, allowing member families access to our pools, tennis/basketball courts, fields, and playground after camp during weekdays and on weekends.
Registration will open for returning families on December 12, 2023, and to the public on January 16, 2024.
Zach d’Arbeloff, Director of Summer Programs
zd********@be********.org | (617) 932-3893
Denali Kikuchi, Auxiliary Programs Coordinator
dk******@be********.org | (617) 932-3895
This camp must comply with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health. Belmont Day School elects to maintain accreditation with the American Camp Association.
Swim & Tennis Association
For a membership fee, families and individuals can access the swimming pool, tennis courts, play structure, and locker rooms during designated hours.