Varsity Football Comes Up Short on Final Play
The varsity flag football team dropped a heartbreaker to Park (33-26) this week. Trailing by a score with under a minute to play, the Blue & Gold had multiple chances at the end zone before time expired, but couldn’t connect. Michael Timmins had a pair of touchdowns for the home team, while classmate Quinn Foley contributed with several strong catches on in-routes. Newcomer Bernie Mattox chipped in with a big first-half interception. Eventually, Belmont Day just ran out of answers, however, and Park left campus with a seven-point victory.
- The JV teams will turn to a group of underclassmen to serve as team captains this fall. Ana McEleney and Nora O’Brien earned the distinction for soccer, while Noah Brauner and Cameron Colbert will lead the way for football.
- Cross country remains undefeated following a win over Fenn, Nashoba, and LCA this week. Miles Sandoski (11:59) and Henry Buckley-Jones (12:22) both set a course record at Fenn. Team veterans Scott Abbott and Elena Ferrari also ran well.
- Outside backs Henry Monroe and Jacob Stephenson were instrumental in boys’ soccer’s 0-0 draw against Park this week. The duo routinely shut down the opposition’s wing attack.
- The girls’ varsity soccer team was shut out on the road against a talented Park team this week. Clio Burger and Anni Taylor were dynamite on the defensive side of the ball and helped keep things close.
- Park scored once in each frame en route to a 2-0 win over the Blue & Gold field hockey team this week. Ripley Bright and Aviva Pearlmutter-Bearson had some solid offensive chances.