Sandoski, Buckley-Jones, and Colangelo All PR at Intrasquad Meet
Following the summer break, it usually takes our cross country runners a few weeks to get up to their in-season speed. Typically, runners won’t attain their PRs from last year until the middle of the season as their bodies acclimate to the distance. This year, someone forgot to tell that to Miles Sandoski (Grade 8), Henry Buckley-Jones (Grade 7) and Alexander Colangelo (Grade 7). On Thursday, the trio finished 1-2-3 during the team’s first intrasquad meet and all recorded PRs on the home course. With talent at the top of the lineup and the most depth (23 runners) in program history, expectations are high for Belmont Day cross country this fall.
- As veterans of the girls’ JV soccer team, seventh grade classmates Audrey Wu and Claire LaFarge will be counted on to provide leadership to a young team this fall.
- Head coach Andy Rentschler has been impressed with the play of first-year goaltender Harry Reitshammer. “Harry brings great size and athleticism to the position”.
- Colby Morris and Bernie Mattox were the lone sixth graders selected to the varsity teams in their respective sports. Morris (girls’ soccer) and Mattox (flag football) will each be counted on for significant play time.
- Bree LeGrand and Emma Kass each had a great week of practice on the football field and are primed for a successful season on the JV team this fall.
- Aaniya Riddick and Julia Clayton have provided strong leadership on the field hockey pitch thus far. With 20 athletes on the roster, every eighth grader will need to step up this season.