Athletics Update: Clean Sweep for Cross Country
On a breathtaking fall afternoon in the final home meet of the season, Belmont Day’s cross country team attacked the home course in record fashion. The Blue & Gold finished 1st (Sam Leviton), 2nd (Kaden Flummerfelt), 3rd (Quinn Clark), 4th (Sebastion Colberg), and 5th (Ben Fleming) for a clean sweep and a dominating win against Shady Hill and Beaver Country Day. Equally as impressive as the final score was the fact that 14 Belmont Day runners PR’d, including Sohan Shah, Sarah Colangelo, and Clive Sutton who all knocked significant time off of their previous best. The meet was the final tune-up before the State Invitational on Saturday, November 5 in Devens, Mass.
- The boys’ varsity soccer team improved to (5-1-1) on the season following a 4-1 win over Fenn this week. Oliver Gottesman and Petros Samuel found the back of the net.
- The JV soccer team lost a hard-fought game to DCD. Bright spots for BDS were Zeke Fine’s hustle, Ariel Duan’s strong clears, and Maraki Shiferaws’ solid defensive play.
- Varsity football rolled over SSDS 55-28. Andrew Green tossed three TDs. Rami Flummerfelt (2) and Zach Kromah (3) had multiple scores. Ellis Anderson had a pick-six.
- Beaver needed a few BDS players to round out their roster, but walked away with a 4-2 win over the Blue & Gold. Griffin Targum stepped up in goal. Penelope Bern played great D.
- Quincy Triesman and Annika Vittal did everything but score during girls’ varsity soccer’s 0-0 draw against Nashoba. Kamila Ruiz made some key saves in net to preserve the shutout.
- JV football evened their record at 2-2 with a comeback win (33-27) over DCD this week. Jun Murakami was explosive at running back and Tadhg O’Sullivan shined on defense.