Boys’ Soccer’s Big Win Over Fenn Sets Stage for Friday Night Lights
Coming off a commanding 5-2 win over Fenn this week, the boys’ soccer team will take a 4-2 record into their showdown with Meadowbrook tonight. Kelyn Kiecza (who scored the game winner at Friday Night Lights a year ago) tallied a hat-trick against Fenn and is rounding into form at the right time. Classmate Cole Lemack-Bremen has also been playing well of late and will be counted on tonight as the Blue & Gold will look to make it back-to-back wins at this showcase event. The schedule for the evening has the boys’ kicking off at 6:30 p.m. followed by the girls’ at 8:00 p.m. Both games will be played at Harvard University's Jordan Field.
- The cross country team continued its dominance with a commanding 19-39 win over Carroll. Miles Sandoski became the first Belmont Day runner in program history to break the 14 minute mark on the home course with his 13:42 first place finish.
- The field hockey team improved to 2-4 with a shutout win (2-0) over NCDS this week. Elena Dainora-Cohen scored on a beautiful feed from Julian Tinmouth and Julia Clayton played terrific defense.
- Girls’ varsity soccer was shutout by a talented Nashoba Brooks team this week. Eighth-grade veterans Eden Lewis and Sophie Myers played well in defeat, especially on the defensive end.
- Classmates Lauren Kopperl and Anni Taylor had their best games of the season during girls’ JV soccer’s disappointing 2-1 loss to NCDS this week. Emi Biotti tallied the team’s lone goal.
- The varsity flag football team fought hard against Milton, but eventually came up short against a very talented squad. Everett Dalton continued to be active on both ends of the field for Belmont Day.