Cross Country Runs Past Shady Hill
Belmont Day’s cross country team cannot be stopped. The talented squad improved to 4-0 following a dominant win over Shady Hill this week. Miles Sandoski (14:08), Henry Buckley-Jones (14:32), and Alexander Colangelo (15:05) finished 1-2-3 on the home course and set the pace for the team win. Also chipping in were Ronan Mullan (8th) and Brooks Largay (21st) who both ran strong races for the Blue & Gold and set PR’s in the process. With three dual meets and the State Invitational remaining, coaches Anne Armstrong and Adam Brewer are making sure the team remains humble and focused as they make a run at a “perfect” season.
- The girls’ JV soccer team notched its first win of the season (3-1) over Brimmer this week. Emi Biotti shined on both sides of the field and Clio Burger tallied her first goal of the fall.
- After a strong first half, JV football fell to Shady Hill 35-6 this week. Kendree Chen had a pair of impressive receptions and Devon Holman was active on the defensive side of the ball.
- Aviva Pearlmutter-Bearson played well at midfield during field hockey’s 4-0 loss to Shady Hill. And despite creating chances, Maya Gregor and Ellora Roy couldn’t find the back of the net.
- Varsity football improved to 2-3 on the season following a 36-20 win over Thayer. Theo Wallach led the way with two picks and a TD. Owen Finnerty contributed in with some great catches.
- Despite controlling the game, girls’ varsity soccer fell to Shady Hill 1-0 this week. Ellie Kadnar and Lena Cantor were great on 50/50 balls and created some chances up top.
- The boys’ soccer team was on the wrong side of a 5-1 score against Shady Hill. Cody Casanave showed great footwork on the wing and Paul Lyons was solid in net.