Entering Grade 8 to 9
Fostering leadership skills in young adults | July 12 to August 6, 2021
Our Future Leaders program offers the opportunity for leadership, training to work with children, and basic job skills.
The program provides young people interested in working with children a meaningful and exciting experience, all within the joyful environment that is Belmont Day Summer Discoveries. Future Leaders work closely with a senior staff member to gain job skills, develop leadership abilities, and problem-solve.
- Participate in leadership development and counseling skills workshops
- Participate in team building activities
- Enjoy activities such as swimming and trips off campus with peers
- Are assigned to a group where they will work with junior and senior counselors to care for campers
- Learn how to write a resume, prepare for job interviews, and gain valuable job skills
At no time will Future Leaders be solely responsible for a group. Successful completion of the program provides an advantage to participants who may choose to apply for an intern or junior counselor position at Belmont Day in the future.
Program Adjustments for 2021
Because of COVID-19 restrictions, the hands-on component of the program will only be conducted when camp groups are outdoors. During inclement weather, when groups must stay inside, Future Leaders will have their own indoor space for their activities.
Future Leaders will enjoy two day trips with their peers in appreciation of their contributions to our summer community. The program is subject to further change based on forthcoming Massachusetts Department of Health guidance and will be communicated as quickly as possible.
The program is offered in one, four-week session during Camp Sessions B and C—July 12 to August 6. An additional, optional 2-week session during Camp Session D (August 9 to 20) may be added.
Interested campers should attend a virtual information session with a parent or guardian where we will:
- provide information about the program and prospective curriculum
- distribute applications and explain the application process
- review changes and logistical information concerning COVID-19
- communicate expectations about the required commitment
Two sessions are available:
Tuesday, February 16 at 5 p.m.
Thursday February, 25 at 5 p.m.
Please email the summer camp team to express your child's interest in the program and register for an info session.
Registration is on a rolling basis and opens on Friday, February 5.