Day Summer Camp For Students Entering Grades 8 To 9
Fostering leadership skills in young adults
Our Future Leaders program offers the opportunity for leadership, training to work with children, and basic job skills.
The program provides young people interested in working with children a meaningful and exciting experience, all within the joyous environment that is Belmont Day Summer Discoveries. Future Leaders work closely with a senior staff member to gain job skills, develop leadership abilities, and problem-solve.
- Participate in leadership development and counseling skills workshops
- Enjoy activities such as swimming and trips off campus with peers
- Are assigned to a group where they will work with junior and senior counselors to care for campers
- Learn how to write a resume, prepare for job interviews, and gain valuable job skills
At no time will Future Leaders be solely responsible for a group. Successful completion of the program provides an advantage to participants who may choose to apply for an intern or junior counselor position at Belmont Day in the future.
The Future Leader program requires a four-week commitment during sessions B (July 13 to 24, 2020) and C (July 27 to August 7, 2020).
This program is by application only. The application process includes:
- A written application due by Friday, January 31, 2020
- An interview with Summer Session Staff to be conducted in February
- All decisions will be made March 6
Learn more about the program at an information session!
Belmont Day summer camp is available for students throughout the entire Belmont area including Arlington, Cambridge, Lexington, Lincoln, Medford, Newton, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Woburn, MA and the surrounding areas.