This spring, a trio of JV teams will be competing interscholastically for Belmont Day. The girls’ lacrosse, tennis, and ultimate programs are all fielding junior varsity teams this year and athletes are off to a great start. Eighth graders Audrey Chuang and Lydia Scharer will bring some much-needed institutional experience to the girls’ JV lacrosse team. Both played last year and honed their skills on a talented squad that finished the season as one of the most successful teams in program history. Seventh graders Olivia Dawson and Brynn Franklin are also veterans of the program and will look to take the next step in their development this year. On the tennis court, the JV team is comprised of all sixth and seventh graders, as every eighth grader earned a spot on the varsity squad. Duncan Beirne, Clem Cradick, Olivia Garrity, and Sophie Jean are all back for their second season on the team and are hoping to translate that experience into some wins this year. Finally, the JV ultimate team has received some strong leadership from team veterans Charlie Rossi and Eleanor Stine who are the only returning players from a year ago. Collectively, there are high expectations for the JV teams this spring, as athletes develop their skills, learn the game, have some fun, and try to bring home some wins!
- With nine athletes on the roster, the mountain biking team has been able to ride as a whole group this spring. Ben Dowers, Angel Geng, Sal Pattisal, and Clive Sutton are all back for their second season shredding the trails.
- After successful campaigns a year ago, seventh graders Zach Cash and Theo Kelman made the jump to the varsity ultimate team this spring. Both players will be counted on for significant minutes once games begin.
- Three sixth graders earned spots on the varsity tennis team this spring. Penelope Bern, Sam Rodriguez, and Griffin Targum have welcomed the challenge of competing at a high level and brought a sense of purpose to practices so far.
- Natalie Jean, Zach Kromah, Eidan Kulman-Tamanaha, and Anurag Mujumdar all switched their spring sports and joined the track & field team this spring. The group of eighth graders is hoping to score some points for the Blue & Gold.
- Yaseen Saeed and Quinn McCaffrey have proved to be quick learners on the boys’ lacrosse field this spring. Both athletes switched their spring sports and are already contributing during drills and competitive scrimmages.
- After battling for one goaltending position, Yara Ibrahim and Kamila Ruiz both earned spots on the girls’ varsity lacrosse team. Both girls will now be counted on to spend some time as a field player when they’re not between the pipes.