Grade 6 Theater Arts
In sixth grade students build on the fundamental skills of theatricality they acquired in fifth grade. They continue to practice the public speaking skills gained in previous years and present original biographical and descriptive speeches. Through the use of drama games, creative movement, poetry, and theatrical critique, students continue to expand upon their performing arts skills. Performing arts classes support the devised theater process students engage in during social studies class for Freedom Night.
Sixth grade students will:
- further expand their theatrical vocabulary
- apply physical expression techniques (with focus on Rudolf Laban and Jacques Lecoq methodology) to a variety of characters
- perform Shakespearean monologues and scenes
- build upon previously learned improvisation skills to create and perform dramatic events and characters
- continue to build their confidence as an orator and presenter