Camp Employment Opportunities
Spend your summer at Belmont Day Camp!
Looking for a summer job? If you like children, want to be outside, and are looking for a community of like-minded people, Belmont Day Camp might be right for you! We hire for a variety of positions for our summer day camp for children ages 3 to 15, including:
- Counselor positions (16-18 years-old; completed sophomore year of high school)
- Head counselor positions (18+, completed 1 year of college or equivalent)
- Activity specialists (20+; significant camp experience or in program area required)
- Examples of specialty areas: yoga, sports, games, arts and crafts, woodworking, drama/movement, music, tennis, create and design, innovations, gardening, and archery
- STEM/Specialty Counselors (16+, desire to work specifically in our STEM-focused specialty camps)
- This year's specialty camps include: Ozobots, Engineering, Photography, LEGO Robotics, and Science of Nature.
- STEM/specialty counselors work alongside a specialty camp instructor who is largely responsible for the program and curriculum. This is a great way to get more experience running activities and working alongside an expert in the field.
- Lifeguards and swim staff (16+; lifeguard certification required)
- Positions are available both to guard during camp, and flexible shifts on evenings and weekends with the Swim and Tennis Association.
- We are able to train Red Cross Lifeguards at BDS and will offer a certification course this spring. If you are not yet certified, you may apply and interview for a position contingent upon successful completion of the Red Cross Lifeguarding course.
Working at summer camp is the most fun you will ever have at work. You’ll make lifelong friends, be a role model for our campers, and learn more about yourself as a leader. Of course, we know summer camp isn’t forever, so we’ll focus on how what you’re learning creates a basis for important professional skills that you’ll use for the rest of your life. Apply here.
Under 16? Check out our Future Leaders program for youth entering eighth and ninth grades and our Intern program for those entering tenth grade. Future Leaders function as counselors-in-training. Interns have completed their freshman year of high school and volunteer to work alongside counselors to further their counselor skills.
Visit our Careers page for more information about the roles we are currently hiring for. Feel free to contact the summer camp team at email@example.com with any questions.