Girls’ Varsity Soccer Full of Veteran Leaders
With nine returning players from last year’s squad, the girls’ varsity soccer team is chocked full of veteran leadership this fall and looking forward to a strong season. Eighth graders Maddie Cutie, McKenna Daley, Perin Fine, Alex Kadnar, Alden Largay, and Quincy Treisman are all back for their second varsity season and will be instrumental to the team’s success this year. Equally as instrumental will be eighth grade newcomer Kamila Ruiz who was recently named the team’s starting goaltender. The girls will kick off their season at home next Tuesday against Charles River.
- Anna Bibler and Leilani Dorilas have been crushing the daily challenges on the outdoor adventures team, including the dreaded hill sprints on the sledding hill to start practice.
- Sebastian Colberg and Joshua Flanagan switched into cross country for their final fall season in a Belmont Day uniform. Both athletes are off to a great start so far.
- Veronica Wang and Lucy Yin highlight a large group of newcomers to the field hockey program. The seventh grade duo has been working hard at practice to learn the game.
- Jack Ward and Charlie Rossi had a great week of practice for the JV football team and are proving to be quick studies as the new playbook gets rolled out to the players.
- Anurag Mujumdar and Kesariya Nallari-Jhala rounded out the roster on a talented varsity football team and will be asked to step right into the action next week in the season opener.
- Copeland Maier and Ethan Zipken headline a large group of sixth grade athletes on the JV soccer team this fall. The classmates have been bringing great effort to practice so far.
- Hugue Marsan and Sam Rodriguez were the only sixth graders to earn spots on the boys’ varsity soccer team and will be counted on to provide depth to the lineup this fall.