Seymour’s Electric Touchdown Seals Win
Ahead by just one score late in the second half, Belmont Day’s eighth grade speedster Evan Seymour turned a short reception into the game-sealing touchdown by outrunning the entire Rashi defense. It was Seymour’s second touchdown of the game and provided an electric finish to an exciting 26-12 win for the home team. Eighth grade classmates Owen Finnerty (touchdown) and Theo Wallach (two interceptions) also joined in on the action, while newcomer Jake Walsh provided some solid defensive plays for the Blue & Gold.
- Sixth graders Calder Wilmot (18:40) and Jayden Lotin (20:54) knocked a combined three minutes off of their PR’s during cross country’s commanding 21-34 home win over Carroll this week.
- The field hockey team finally broke through with a 4-0 win over Charles River this week. Maya Gregor scored twice, while Eliza Kuechle and Elizabeth Amaratunga both chipped in with goals.
- Zephy Borisy’s strong free kick and inspired play from Matthieu Small wasn’t enough for boys’ soccer to overcome a talented Fenn team. Henry Monroe played great at left mid in defeat.
- Camille DeStefano did all she could to keep girls’ varsity soccer within striking distance during the team’s 2-0 loss to Nashoba this week. Margot Klug shined for the Blue & Gold.
- Nora O’Brien’s goal and solid offensive pressure coupled with Lila Abruzzi’s strong defense and sound decisions were the highlights of girls’ JV soccer’s loss to Cambridge Friends.
- The JV flag football team ended up on the wrong side of the score against DCD this week. Ben Rowe, Noah Brauner, and Emma Kass provided the offense for the visitors.