Athletics Update: Field Hockey Blanks Charles River, Improves to 3-4
The field hockey team improved to 3-4 on the season following a commanding win over Charles River this week. The Blue & Gold controlled play for the majority of the game and received multiple goals from team captains Eliza Kuechle and Bella Lightbody. Aria Goodpaster chipped in with a goal and a beautiful assist and Ilana Brauner also found the back of the net. The team will look to even their record next week in their season finale, next Wednesday, November 10 at home versus Lexington Christian Academy.
- The boys’ soccer team followed up their hard-fought loss at Friday Night Lights with a pair of wins at home over Fenn (4-2) and Charles River (5-3) this week. Caleb Frehywot finished the week with three goals.
- Niamh O’Brien added two more goals to her impressive point total during girls’ soccer’s 2-1 win over Charles River this week. Alden Largay made some strong defensive plays from her midfield position.
- The JV football team beat Fessenden (27-18) and Fay (24-12) this week. Andrew Green continued his MVP campaign with multiple scores in both games. Jaden Park and August Wilmot provided tremendous defense.
- Elise Goodman (hustle and communication) and Olive Kiraly (defensive pressure and ball control) had their best games of the season for JV soccer. The team finishes off their season at home next week.
- The varsity football team got walloped by Milton this week. Limited bright spots included a quick TD strike from Liam Brodeur to Rami Flummerfelt and a long TD bomb from Bernie Mattox to Zach Kromah.