Doubles Pairings Lead Varsity Tennis to 4-4 Tie
After a disappointing 7-1 loss to Meadowbrook on Wednesday afternoon, the varsity tennis team rebounded the following day against Fessenden with a 4-4 tie. Belmont Day needed a pair of wins from their double parings to fight back to even in the match. Milly Noble and Everett Dalton had a gutsy performance at #4 Doubles winning 7-6 in a tie-breaker. At #2 Doubles Eli Burger and Eden Lewis jumped out to an early lead and closed out their opponents for a solid 6-3 win. Head Coach Jim Walker was proud of the way his team responded against Fessenden and hopes to close out the season on a high note during these next two weeks.
- The track & field team toppled Meadowbrook 60-29 this week behind Miles Sandoski’s 5:00 mile and Toby Gauld’s first place finish in the 800m. The team improved to 4-2 with the win.
- Yareh Constant scored the winning point during JV ultimate’s dramatic 8-7 at Shady Hill this week. Thierrence Mathurin and Issac Frehywot played well for the victors.
- The boys’ lacrosse team fell to 2-4 on the season after a pair of losses this week. Henry Buckley-Jones and Jacob Gregor led the way for the Blue & Gold in both contests.
- Jazmin Cruz and Maya Gregor were active on the field during girls’ lacrosse’s losses to DCD and Meadowbrook. The team will look to rebound with a pair of games next week.
- Squaring off against Shady Hill for the second time this season, the JV tennis team improved on their early season performance and received strong play from Aviva Pearlmutter-Bearson.
- After entering the week undefeated, the varsity ultimate team dropped back-to-back games this week. Orion Schrag, Jack Abruzzi, and Theo Wallach highlighted the losses.