Veteran Wrestlers Shine against Belmont Hill
In only their second year on the mat, Belmont Day tri-captains Xander Lightbody, Evan Seymour, and Theo von Gottberg all wrestled strong this week against Belmont Hill. Lightbody and von Gottberg both recorded big wins, while Seymour lost a heartbreaker after a gritty performance. Seventh grade standouts Issac Frehywot and Harry Reitshamer also shined for the Blue & Gold despite some challenging matchups. Frehywot won his only match with a pin in the second after catching his opponent with a cradle. Reitshamer split his two matches, finishing the day 1-1 and looking impressive in both. The team finishes off their regular season next week on the road against Fenn and LCA.
- Ana McEleney (5-4) and Aviva Pearlmutter-Bearson (5-3) earned hard fought victories during fencing’s 18-9 win over BB&N this week. Anisah Jordan’s 5-4 win was her first of the season.
- The girls’ JV basketball team improved to 6-1 after a pair of wins this week. Nora O’Brien had a breakout game against Nashoba. Shireen Griffith-Ebrahimi played great D against Carroll.
- Jake Walsh had a big week for boys’ JV basketball, tallying nine blocks against Fenn and 11 rebounds versus Carroll. Henry Monroe was a “spark plug” off the bench with some terrific defensive play.
- The girls’ varsity basketball team lost 27-25 in OT against DCD this week. Kiki Friedbauer was strong on the boards and Margot Klug played lockdown D on the opposition’s best player.
- The boys’ varsity basketball team’s comeback fell four points short against DCD this week. Owen Khanna’s 13 points led the way for BDS. Cole Sparks set the tone defensively.
- The Gold squad won their fourth straight match this week. Kenna Schneider (Blue) and Olivia Zhou both played well at the net. Bella Lightbody had a great game for Blue.