Kindergarten Physical Education
In the kindergarten physical education program, students continue to build the foundation of their movement skills in a comfortable, inviting setting where they can explore different areas and have fun. Students gain knowledge about and work on body and spatial awareness, changing direction, basic level manipulative skills (catching and tossing), and balance skills through fine motor and gross motor activities.
Our kindergarten students will:
- learn to perform locomotor and non-locomotor skills such as twist-turn, push-pull, rise-fall, and stretch-bend
- manipulate objects in a variety of ways such as tossing, catching, striking, kicking, and bouncing
- perform balance skills while stationary and while moving
- cooperate with each other
- follow both simple and complex directions