Winter Concert: Logistics and Directions
Thursday, December 20, 2018
6:30 p.m. in the Barn
- Ensemble/chorus members: black on bottom, white on top
- All other students: dressy, festive attire
Parking at Belmont Day
Please coordinate your plans so that the fewest possible cars arrive on campus. Parking is limited, especially if there is snow. The processional of students into the concert space will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting Times and Places for Students
- Chorus: 5:45 p.m. (Music Room)
- Orchestra: 5:30 p.m. (far side of Barn gym)
- Guitar ensemble, wind ensemble, and drumming ensemble: 5:45 p.m. (far side of Barn gym)
- Grades 6 to 8: 6:00 p.m. (PAC)
- All other students arrive at 6:00 p.m. and go directly to assigned spaces in the Barn:
- Pre-k and kindergarten: innovation studio (1st floor)
- Grade 1: Armstrong art studio (2nd floor)
- Grade 2: Solomon art studio (2nd floor)
- Grade 3: conference room (2nd floor)
- Grade 4: woodworking studio (1st floor)
- Grade 5: science classroom (2nd floor)
Families and visitors who are dropping off ensemble students BEFORE 6:00 p.m. are invited to meet in the Barn lobby and gallery. At 6:00 p.m. we welcome all parents into the Barn gym. At 6:20 p.m. we ask families/visitors to find their seats, so the students may line up for the processional.
- Pre-k and kindergarten families are seated in the first few rows.
- Grade one to eight families may sit anywhere in the gym, except the first few rows, and in seats reserved for classes. Seating is first come, first served.
Following the concert, students may be picked up from their assigned spaces (see above.) Note that chorus members and six, seventh, and eighth graders will meet families either in the lobby or the concert area of the Barn.
After School Students
Students who are usually enrolled in after school on Thursdays and who will NOT be going home before the concert will be supervised by after school staff and provided with a pizza dinner. If your child cannot eat this meal, please provide a bagged dinner. Families should plan to bring a change of clothes for their children who will change in the Schoolhouse before going to their assigned rooms in the Barn.
Please make sure you inform the after school staff if your child will be staying through until the concert.
A Note About The Weather
If there is significant snow on the day of the event, we may have to postpone the concert. We will communicate with you as soon as possible if rescheduling is necessary.