When school resumes after winter break the following new procedures will be in place:
- All traffic will enter the new driveway from Concord Avenue.
- The driveway is single lane only.
- We will dismiss from two doors: the PAC door (the door inside the PAC that opens to the back parking lot) and the front door.
- At the bend in the driveway, just past the stone wall (cones will identify), traffic will split into two lanes. The right lane is for vehicles picking up at the PAC door; the left lane is for vehicles picking up at the front door.
- A faculty/staff member on traffic duty will help cars navigate the correct lane in the first few weeks.
- Reminder: Day School Lane remains a two-way lane for resident traffic, so please stay in a single lane as you depart campus.
The PAC Door
The right-hand lane will proceed to the stop sign and then turn right through the upper parking lot, past the Barn entrance and walkway to begin to pick up at the PAC doors.
- Students will be dismissed through the walkway doors in winter and through the PAC doors in fall and spring.
- During the winter term, pre-k to grade two students will be seated in the walkway hallway.
- During the winter term, students in grades three to five will be seated in the area outside the PAC.
- During the fall and spring terms, all students will be dismissed from the PAC stage.
- Buckling into car seats will be done by the adults picking up students, not by faculty or staff on duty.
- Cars will exit the PAC line, and on the instruction of the faculty/staff member on traffic duty, will drive straight and into the lower parking lot to exit onto Day School Lane at the top of the circle. Another faculty/staff member positioned at the top of the circle will direct traffic exiting from the lower lot and the front door.
The Front Door
The left-hand lane will proceed to the stop sign and then move straight through Coolidge Way towards the front door.
- Students will either wait inside or be seated on the benches outside the front door.
- Buckling into car seats will be done by the adults picking up the students, not by faculty or staff on duty.
- Cars will exit the front door line and proceed around the circle. On instruction from the faculty or staff member on traffic duty, they will exit the school heading down Day School Lane.
- Receptionist Barbara Carey will create new lists of students for each door over winter break and email new dismissal spots to families.
- Parking spaces facing the PAC will become partially restricted, with parking only from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Please keep in mind that arriving at 3:35 p.m. rather than close to 3:00 p.m. often enables a faster pick up.
- Our campus is a no-idling zone.
- 4:30 p.m. dismissal will be from the front door for students in after school and from the PAC door for athletics. Parents picking up siblings from after school and athletics will in most cases default to the younger student’s location.
- BDS buses (Boston, Cambridge, Belmont) will continue to be dismissed from the sixth grade classroom corner.
- Visiting team buses will drop at the Barn and park beside the B&G garage.
- Friday dismissal will follow the same dismissal pattern as above.
Download the traffic flow map.