Monday & Tuesday, June 8 & 9: Field days and service learning!
Here are some fun and creative ways challenges to be active and to help others.
Monday FIELD DAY Challenge
- Sporting as much Blue and Gold as possible, how many jumping jacks can you complete while singing the Belmont Day School song?
- Perform your favorite sport/activity for 30 seconds. At the end of 30 seconds, launch into your best BELMONT DAY celebration cheer!! A Cool Pet Trick Competition! Your “pet” can be anything that you create! The more creative the better. Once you have your pet, perform a trick or two or three with this pet of yours!
Tuesday FIELD DAY Challenge
- Spell out B-D-S using your body!
- Dance party! Record a video of your feet dancing to the first 30 seconds of the song Footloose, and after 30 seconds, feel free to add in some other dance moves or air guitar! Check out the Girls’ Lacrosse Team doing it together on Zoom!
- B-E-L-M-O-N-T-D-A-Y scavenger hunt! Find 10 objects that start with each letter of Belmont Day.
- For students who make a video doing a challenge and giving a shout out to their cross-graded partner
- For displaying as much BLUE & GOLD as possible
Visit our Service Learning Site for activities and projects you can do at home or in your neighborhood!
LAST DAY WITH YOUR CLASS or HOMEROOM: Wednesday, June 10
There will be modified morning meetings. Look out for details on how students will say goodbye to one another—schedules will be sent by teachers. Please contact them if you have any questions. See you at Moving Up!
MOVING UP DAY: Thursday, June 11
One of Belmont Day’s most treasured traditions is the Moving Up Assembly when our school community gathers to witness every student and class move from their current grade to the next. It is a time to take stock of the year that has been and look forward to all that lies ahead in the year to come.
Each child’s name is read aloud as they greet the teachers who will be receiving them in the fall. The ceremony is quintessential to the Belmont Day School experience as it honors the journey that every child has taken in a shared celebration that is joyful and powerful. Although this important milestone will take place in a new way this year as we are not able to be together in one physical space, we hope it will evoke the same feelings of transition and connection for our community.
Moving Up will begin with a welcome, and at various times throughout the day, each grade will join their current teachers on Zoom who will wish them well before passing them on to next year’s teachers. Parents are invited to join their children, and all are welcome to end the day with closing remarks from Brendan.
Moving Up Schedule for the Whole School Community
9 to 10 a.m. – All School
Join Zoom Gathering
- Welcome from Head of SchoolBrendan Largay
- Recorded Performance by the BDS Orchestra
- Recognition and Thanks to Associate Teachers
- Eighth Grade Moves Up
- Acknowledgment of Student Tenure
- Yearbook Dedication
Please note: flowers from pre-k students to their eighth grade partners will be delivered; Forget-me-not seeds from eighth graders to their pre-k partners have been mailed.
3 p.m. – All School
Join Zoom Gathering
- Farewell to Departing Faculty
- Good Wishes for Summer and Reminders
- Closing by Brendan Largay
- Recorded Performance by the Lower and Middle School Choruses
Moving Up Schedule for Each Grade – Zoom Gatherings
10:15 to 10:45 a.m.
Pre-k into kindergarten
Students and their parents; pre-k and K teachers
10:45 to 11:15 a.m.
Seventh into eighth grade
Students and their parents; grades 7 & 8 teachers
11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
Third into fourth grade
Students and their parents; grades 3 & 4 teachers
11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Sixth into seventh grade
Students and their parents; grades 6 & 7 teachers
12:15 to 12:45 p.m.
Second into third grade
Students and their parents; grades 2 & 3 teachers
12:45 to 1:15 p.m.
Fifth into sixth grade
Students and their parents; grades 5 & 6 teachers
1:15 to 1:45 p.m.
Fourth into fifth grade
Students and their parents; grades 4 & 5 teachers
1:45 to 2:15 p.m.
First into second grade
Students and their parents; grades 1 & 2 teachers
2:15 to 2:45 p.m.
Kindergarten into first grade
Students and their parents; K & grade 1 teachers
CLASS OF 2020 GRADUATION
Friday, June 12 at 10 a.m.
The graduation ceremony is for the Class of 2020 and their families