Devorah Heitner Ph.D., author of Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World, will present How to Deal with ALL the Screens During COVID-19 Family Time on Monday, March 30, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Her talk will focus on the social-emotional components of screen time in balance with unplugged time during this unusual period in family life. There will be lots of time for Q and A and discussion.
She will cover:
- Setting up routines and spaces at home for distance learning
- Establishing screen time rules for both recreation and learning
- How to help children deal with anxiety
- How to keep up with the news without getting overwhelmed, and being cautious about what news children are consuming
- Modeling healthy habits and boundaries while working from home with our children around
- Using social media to help children keep in touch with friends
- Mentoring children on social media, texting, and gaming
Note: Devorah will join us in the fall to work with faculty and students.
Screenwise is available at Belmont Books. If you would like to purchase the book, please consider doing so online at Belmont Books to help do our part to support local businesses during this difficult time.