After a successful inaugural season, the mountain biking team returns for its second season this spring. Under the tutelage of coaches Geoffrey Fox and Vlad Hucko, the squad is mixing in some fitness training, bike maintenance, and trail work into their weekly practice sessions. Second-year riders Ben Dowers and Clive Sutton have picked up where they left off and are shredding the switchbacks like seasoned pros. Newcomers Leilani Dorilas and Lavinia Frazzoli Cassi have proved to be quick studies and are getting more comfortable in the saddle every day. If you ever find yourself out on the trails between 3:15 and 4:30 p.m., be sure to keep an eye out for our team, who ride in their signature camo team jerseys.
- The ultimate program took part in some intrasquad scrimmages this week. Kiernan Patel and Calum Dunbar shined for the varsity squad, while Carter Bradshaw and Tadhg O’Sullivan stepped up for the junior varsity team.
- Zazoue Marsan and Vatche Balikan have shown steady improvement on the tennis court for the JV team this spring, while Louis Cantor and Rhys Kaplan are showing signs of promise for the varsity unit.
- The track & field team will kick off the interscholastic season next Tuesday at home against Shady Hill. Seventh grade classmates Ariel Duan, Grace Sullivan, and Roudi Youssef have been steady contributors during practice so far.
- Maraki Shiferaw and Siri Paulsson are off to fast starts for girls’ JV lacrosse. Both have brought great effort and a positive attitude to practice every day. Annika Vittal, the lone seventh grader on varsity lacrosse, has been equally as impressive.
- Second-year players Sebastian Colberg and Nebiyou Elias have brought a steady presence to the boys’ lacrosse team’s defensive unit this spring. The duo will be counted on for aggressive play and strong communication this spring.