This fall, BDS piloted an intramural volleyball team that spent the season learning the game, practicing skills, and holding weekly scrimmages. Over the course of the season, players improved tremendously and are prepared to step into a more competitive environment next year. Highlights from the season include amazing overhand serves by captain Clem Cradick, strong passes from fellow captain Ariel Duan and key contributions from newcomers Eyan Morales, Mackenzie Ekechukwu and Eileen Luo. Under the tutelage of head coach Jen James, this group has worked hard and is ready to carry the baton passed by this year’s varsity volleyball team. Speaking of varsity volleyball, the team wrapped up their interscholastic season with a hard-fought, three-set loss to Shady Hill this week. Despite the loss, the team finished with a 6-2 record and cemented their place in the BDS record books as the first-ever interscholastic volleyball team. Congratulations to all of our volleyball athletes on an incredible season.
- Murilo Santos followed up his Friday Night Lights goal with an equalizer as time expired during boys’ varsity soccer’s 2-2 tie against DCD this week. Adam Ahmed didn’t allow a goal in net.
- Aman Singleton scored twice during boys’ JV soccer’s 2-2 tie vs Waldorf. Clark Rutherford was strong in net while Zeke Fine commanded the defensive unit with poise.
- With a commanding 31-0 win over Fay, the JV football team finally got a W. Christian Atem had a pair of TDs and Suryavir Nallari-Jhala played stout defense.
- The field hockey team lost to DCD this week. Laurice Bandar played hard in the midfield and distributed the ball well. Ella Kamenski provided the scoring chances for BDS.
- The cross country team will take their undefeated record to the MA State Championships tomorrow in Devens, MA. Sam Leviton is primed for a big day on the 1.86 mile course.