With a pair of wins against Nashoba Brooks and Carroll this week, the girls’ JV basketball team improved to 6-0 on the season. As if an unbeaten record wasn’t enough, the Blue & Gold has never trailed in a game and is beating opponents by an average margin of 15 points per game. Head coach Maggie Small has her squad popping at both ends of the court with aggressive team defense and a balanced offensive attack. Players rotate in and out of the lineup on a consistent basis and share the success on the floor. In the first game of the week against Nashoba Brooks, guards Laurice Bandar (10 points) and Jovana Zivanovic (3 steals) led the way for the visitors. Yesterday against Carroll, it was the forwards’ turn as Yara Ibrahim (4 steals), Clem Cradick (8 rebounds), and Liv Dawson (6 points) stole the show for the home team. The girls’ will look to keep things rolling downhill next week in an away game at Solomon Schechter.
- The fencing team lost to Shady Hill (19-8) this week. Despite the defeat, second-year fencers Duncan Beirne, Brynn Franklin, and Simon Wright all looked strong on the strip. Team veteran Bodhi Demers won both of his bouts.
- Eidan Kulman-Tamanaha returned to the starting lineup for boys’ varsity basketball and made an immediate impact on the defense. The squad split their games this week with a loss to Fenn and a win against DCD.
- PEAK traveled to the Weston Ski Track for some cross country skiing this week. The sun was out and the conditions were great, but the team had some challenges on the trails and is looking forward to another attempt on the snow next week.
- IMBB team captains Kiernan Patel and Zeke Fine set the tone for their respective teams during a hard-fought 2-point game this week. Charlie Rossi led all scorers with 6 points, while Ben Fleming controlled the boards.
- Wrestling squared off against Belmont Hill and Milton in a tri-meet this week. Highlights included a pair of close wins by Jun Murakami, an impressive pin by Caleb Frehywot, and a dramatic overtime win by Quinn Clark.
- The volleyball program is humming with four more games this week. Highlights included William Li establishing himself as a reliable setter, Lucy Yin scoring multiple points for her team, and Elise Goodman being a positive presence on the court.
- The girls’ varsity basketball team got a solid win (31-23) over Nashoba and had a tough loss (21-20) against DCD this week. Quincy Treisman battled hard in both games and Sara Colangelo came on strong offensively.
- The boys’ JV basketball team ran into a couple of buzzsaws this week with lopsided losses to Fenn and Carroll. The team fought hard until the final buzzer in both games and never gave up. Shout out to Rhys Kaplan for great play all around.