Veteran Coaching Staff Excited for Season
The success of Belmont Day’s athletics program is a direct result of its talented and dedicated coaching staff. This fall, twelve faculty members and one alum will lead the largest group of athletes in program history onto our fields and trails. From division-one college standouts to three-sport high school athletes, this season’s coaches bring a unique balance of sport-specific knowledge and educational philosophy. Top all of that with years of coaching experience and it’s clear that this is shaping up to be a special season for Belmont Day Athletics. Be sure to check out our athletes (and coaches) in action this fall with the first games/meets scheduled for Wednesday, September 18.
- Jack Abruzzi, Owen Khanna, and Theo von Gottberg will lead a boys’ soccer squad that will be looking to rebuild after graduating nine players from last year’s team.
- Anni Taylor and Lauren Kopperl will look to build on their successful campaigns from a year ago when they take the soccer field next week alongside twenty-four other middle school girls.
- The football program will rely heavily on its eighth graders this fall including Noah Burd and Quinn Foley who were teammates on the JV team last year.
- Elizabeth Amaratunga and Erika Tinmouth highlight a handful of middle school athletes who switched their fall sport to field hockey after playing on a different team last year.
- The cross country team has a program record twenty-two runners this fall, and will look to build on a memorable 2018 season. Team veterans Brooks Largay and Aaron Radke will be counted on to help the newcomers.