Cross Country Speeds Past Charles River, Austin Prep
The cross country team kicked off its season at home on Tuesday with a commanding tri-meet win over Charles River and Austin Prep. Sam Leviton (14:35) and Kaden Flummerfelt (14:37) paced the Blue & Gold with their second and third-place finishes. Quinn Clark (14:58) also broke the 15-minute mark, making it a trio of Belmont Day runners in the top 5 with his fourth-place finish. Also of note were the times of newcomers Vatche Balikian and Edwin Voiland, who both broke the 20-minute mark in their first interscholastic race and knocked three minutes off of their personal best on the home course. The cross country team will be back at it next week with a showdown against Fenn and Nashoba on Wednesday. Bring your cowbells!
- The boys’ soccer team opened their season with a win over Charles River. Oliver Gottesman, Daniel Peregudov, Rhys Kaplan, and Giddy Borisy all played well for the Blue & Gold.
- Charles River shut out the girls’ varsity soccer team (3-0) this week. Sixth graders Samantha Cuming and Lila Green earned significant minutes and will be counted on to produce this fall.
- The varsity football team blanked Charles River in the season opener. Ezra Wolfson and Zach Kromah had multiple scores while Liam Brodeur and Andrew Green ball hawked on D.
- Eighth grade leaders Ilana Brauner (3), Aleta Sandoski (2), and Avery Schnieder (1) handled all the goal scoring in field hockey’s dominant 6-0 over Charles River last week.
- Clem Cradick, Eleanor Stine, and Kalkidan Shiferaw have been bringing great energy to JV soccer this fall. Teammates Leeul Miteku and Adam Ahmed are eager for interscholastic games.
- Despite some nagging injuries, Aidan Tan, Henry Kiraly, and Tadhg O’Sullivan are all off to a great start for the JV football team and will be counted on once games begin.
- William Li and August Wilmot are bringing their A games to outdoor adventures so far this fall. The team tackled their first parkour adventure this week and continued to explore the trails.