Field Hockey Falls to Pike
The field hockey team had its best showing of the fall season against Pike this week. The game was much closer than the 3-1 final indicted, and head coach Abbey Nyland was happy with the way her team performed. Eighth grader Michelle Mejia-Levy netted the lone goal for the Blue & Gold who took a 1-1 tie into the half before surrendering two scores in the second frame. Co-captain Lynn Lewis was terrific at midfield, while classmate Maya Gregor had a strong game on defense. The team will face another tough test next week when they travel to Nashoba Brooks.
- Cross country team captain Cole Sparks recorded a PR (15:46) on the home course during Belmont Day’s rout of Pike. Newcomers Bonnie Wang (21:27) and Nicky Mattox (22:36) knocked a combined six minutes off of their previous times.
- Sue Kelman and Emi Biotti fueled girls’ varsity soccer’s 7-0 gem over Waldorf this week. The seventh grade duo was instrumental in creating scoring opportunities for their teammates. Kiki Friedbauer scored three times for the victors.
- Juliana Li and Shireen Griffith-Ebrahimi played terrific defense during the girls’ JV soccer’s season opener against Shady Hill. Ruby Kokinos and Lila Abruzzi split time in net and came up with some big saves throughout the game.
- The boys’ soccer team allowed a goal with two minutes to play and fell to Waldorf 2-1 this week. Toby Gauld and Thierrence Mathurin played well in defeat for the Blue & Gold. The team will look to turn things around against Carroll next week.
- Davin Roy (varsity) and Ben Rowe (junior varsity) both had strong games for their respective football teams this week. Unfortunately, their performances weren’t quite enough as DCD (varsity) and Fessenden (junior varsity) each took the W.