Athletics Update: Impressive Week for Field Hockey
With a pair of games against talented opponents on the docket, it was a big week for Belmont Day field hockey. The team opened their week at home against an experienced BB&N squad and battled to a 1-1 tie. BB&N scored early and held off a frantic Belmont Day attack in the final minutes to hold onto the draw. Aria Goodpaster pushed across BDS’ lone goal with four minutes remaining in the contest. In a game where defenses shined, Belmont Day was anchored by Audrey Chuang who received support from Laurice Bandar and Nina Cohen-Perlmutter. Also of note was the play of Simone Pattisal who was active on the wing and helped move the ball up the field into the attacking zone.
The following day, Belmont Day welcomed Austin Prep to campus. In another evenly matched game, the Blue & Gold scored first and never looked back. Aleta Sandoski put AP on their heels after ripping one in on the opening drive and Belmont Day continued to apply pressure for the entire game. In the second frame, Aria Goodpaster added her second goal of the week and Olivia Garrity finished off the scoring late in the game to secure a 3-1 win. Once again, Audrey Chuang was a rock on D and was supported by Olivia Dawson and Siri Paulson. The team will look to keep it rolling next week against Fay.
- The cross country team took home third place in the Middle School Invitational this week. Sam Leviton (3) and Quinn Clark (11) medaled as top 12 finishers. Brendan Bandar ran great.
- Zazoue Marsan and Julia Street brought their A games to parkour this week, showing impressive balance and vaulting technique during outdoor adventures.
- Wyatt Baker’s early touchdown propelled JV football to their first win of the season (38-28) over Shady Hill. Calum Dunbar shined behind center and Jun Murakami scored three times.
- The varsity football team rolled over Shady Hill this week. Gianni Squillante was all over the field, scoring four touchdowns including a sweet pick-six. Rami Flummerfelt also played well.
- The JV soccer team improved to 2-1 with a win over Fayerweather this week. Roudi Youssef had a dominant performance and Elise Goodman contributed on D.
- Boys’ soccer toppled Austin Prep (4-1) and tied Shady Hill (3-3) this week. Owen Bantham-Livermore was dynamic at midfield in both games. Theo Kelman played strong defense.
- Girls’ soccer beat Austin Prep (5-2) and lost to Shady Hill (2-1) this week. Isadora Eiref started both games at center mid, displaying great touch. Alden Largay netted a pair of goals.