Athletics Update: Record Numbers for Track & Field
The track & field team rostered a program-record 30 athletes this spring, including 18 sixth grade students. Led by coaches Elinor Hannum, Charlie Baird, and Dani Kelly, the team will compete in eight interscholastic meets this spring. With such a large team, however, athletes will not be able to rely exclusively on external motivation from their coaches. Instead, athletes will need to find the internal drive to bring their best effort to practice each and every day. August Wilmot, Jovana Zivanovic, Rhys Kaplan, Roudi Youseff, and Gabriel Burd have already figured this out and have set a strong example during the first two weeks of practice. The team will have one more week to sort things out before opening up their season at home against Shady Hill on Tuesday, April 5.
- Despite no prior experience, Nikos Axiotis is stepping between the pipes for boys’ lacrosse this spring. Likewise, newcomers Sebastian Colberg and Nebiyou Elias will be counted on for significant minutes this season.
- Eighth graders Ella Blecher, Anisah Jordan, Bella Lightbody, and Colby Morris are hoping to factor into the action for the girls’ lacrosse team during their first-ever interscholastic spring season. Each is off to a solid start.
- The tennis program has gotten plenty of time on the courts so far. Players from each team are already improving their skills, including Ana McEleney and Sophie Tong (varsity), and Clem Craddick and Sophie Jean (junior varsity).
- Theo Kelman and Elise Goodman have been stepping up for the junior varsity ultimate team early on while Joshua Flanagan and Owen Huang are off to fast starts for the varsity squad. Both teams have high expectations for the upcoming season.
- Sixth graders Anna Bibler, Simone Pattisall, and Clive Sutton have been shredding campus with their mountain biking teammates for the past two weeks. The team hopes to get on the trails in earnest next week with dryer weather.