Girls’ JV Basketball Continues to Roll
With a pair of victories against Newton Country Day School and Dedham Country Day this week, the girls’ JV basketball team extended their winning steak to four in a row. Currently, at 4-1 on the season, the team has used a balanced attack to outscore their opponents by a combined 76 points so far. This week the team leaned on Sue Kelman and Emma Kass offensively. Both girls recorded double-digit tallies in the scoring column and finished strong at the basket. On the other side of the court, first-year players Shireen Griffith Ebrahimi and Olive Kiraly took advantage of increased playing time by creating turnovers and grabbing rebounds. The team will look to keep their winning steak alive next week against Nashoba Brooks and Carroll.
- Miles Sandoski’s 16 points paced boys’ varsity in their double-digit win over SSDS this week. Cole Sparks provided great energy on both ends of the floor for the home team.
- The girls’ varsity basketball team doubled up SSDS on the road this week. Kiki Friedbauer was terrific on the boards and Lynn Lewis was strong at the point. Ruby Kokinos chipped in with great D.
- Cody Casanave and Adam Kokinos were great in transition during the boys’ JV’s 28-19 win over CFS this week. Yafet Ayalew had a gritty performance the following day against DCD at home.
- Strong play from Maya Gregor, Bonnie Wang, and Noah Kokinos led Gold to another win for volleyball. Alice Guo stepped up for Blue with some clutch serving and consistent play.
- Fencing dropped a heartbreaker 14-13 to Beaver this week. Jayden Lotin had a huge 5-4 win against a more experienced opponent. Angel Chavannes continued to fence strong for BDS.
- Matthieu Small ignited the wrestling team with a great win by scoring a crucial takedown in the waning moments of his match. Nikos Axiotis had a great head throw to pin combination.