Volleyball Aces Second Season
Led by head coach Ellie Brennan, the volleyball team made tremendous strides this winter and is now poised to consider a shift to interscholastic competition next year. In their second season of intramurals, the team grew from 13 to 23 players and competed in weekly games against each other. In the final showdown between to the two squads, Blue came out on top 2-1. It was Blue’s first win of the season and a testament to their resiliency on the court and their support of each other. Led by co-captain Elena Ferrari’s strong serves, Blue took an early lead and never looked back. Newcomers and sixth grade classmates Chloe Mitzenmacher and Nadia Lomeli both played strong for the victors and finished their seasons on a high note. All in all, it was a great winter for the team and it will be a busy off-season as players and coaches consider whether or not to move the sport into the fall next year.
- Cameron Colbert’s hard-fought comeback highlighted a tough tri-meet vs Fenn and Fay this week. The wrestling team battled back against LCA, however, winning 10 of 12 matches.
- With a pair of lopsided wins against SSDS and ISB this week, the girls’ JV basketball team finished the season with an 8-1 record. Dana Chang and Milly Noble had breakout performances.
- The boys’ JV basketball team closed out their season with a resounding 38-16 win. Bernie Mattox and Jake Walsh combined for 20 points. Elijah Allen chipped in with some terrific D.
- Coming off a memorable 2-point win at Friday Night Hoops, the boys’ varsity basketball team fell to Carroll this week. Classmates Alexander Colangelo and Aaron Radke shined in defeat.
- The girls’ varsity basketball team finished their season with an even 4-4 record. After terrific seasons, eighth graders Camille DeStefano and Elizabeth Amaratunga will be sorely missed next year.
- The fencing team finished their season at home in front of a large crown in Coolidge Hall. Team captains Ashley Luo, Scott Abbott, and Aviva Pearlmutter-Bearson all fenced well.