In pre-kindergarten students are introduced to many different musical experiences aimed at promoting their understanding, appreciation, and love of music. Students participate in a wide variety of musical activities such as singing, rhyming, listening, speaking, moving, playing instruments, and participating in circle games. In December, the pre-kindergarten students join the whole school in performing at the winter concert.
Our pre-kindergarten students will:
- reproduce rhythmic patterns
- develop skills in singing expressively and in tune
- move with creativity and expression to music
- develop introductory skills while playing a variety of musical instruments
- gain confidence in speaking, singing, and playing musical instruments