Applying for Financial Aid
Prospective families must notify the director of financial aid of their intent to apply for financial aid as soon as possible and no later than January 10, 2019.
Current Belmont Day families applying for aid for the first time must notify the director of financial aid of their intent to apply no later than January 2, 2019.
Prospective families and Belmont Day families currently receiving aid must submit a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) application online via the School and Student Services website, and upload all supporting tax documents by no later than Friday, February 8, 2019.
Financial aid committee decisions are mailed to all newly admitted and current Belmont Day families on March 10, 2019.
Timeline for Financial Aid Applications
November - December:
- Log on to School and Student Services and familiarize yourself with completing a Parents Financial Statement (PFS) online. You will need to create an account.
- If you have questions about creating an account or completing the PFS, please contact SSS Customer Service at 800-344-8328.
- Start gathering necessary paperwork for your 2018 tax filing. You will need to file your 2018 taxes by early February.
- Ask your employers when you can expect to receive your W-2 forms (typically the last week of January); if you are self-employed, be prepared to have your Form 1099 available before the end of January.
- If you use an accountant, contact him or her to let them know you will need your taxes completed by February 5, 2019 and ask what is needed from you and when it is needed in order to meet that deadline.
Early to mid-January:
- Start working on your taxes!
- Complete and submit your PFS online, and upload your 2017 tax documents to your PFS online account. You can save your application at any stage and keep working on it later.
- Upload your 2018 W-2s (or 1099s) to the SSS website as soon as you receive them.
You should have your 2018 W-2s in hand by now.
February 1 to 5:
- Complete your 2018 tax filing and upload your tax documents to the SSS website through your PFS online account.
- Complete your PFS and submit the application fee online if you haven't already done so.
February 5 to 8:
Make sure the following documents have been uploaded to the SSS website via your PFS online account:
- 2017 1040 and supporting schedules
- 2017 W-2 (and/or 1099 if self-employed)
- 2018 1040 and supporting schedules
- 2018 W-2 (and/or 1099 if self-employed)
February 8, 2019:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PFS ONLINE AND ALL 2018 TAX DOCUMENTS (with supporting schedules.)