Grade 5 Physical Education
The fifth grade physical education program seeks to create healthy habits and active lifestyles for all students through a thoughtful combination of targeted skill development, competitive sport-based units, cooperative team challenges, and exposure to fitness activities. Within the program, students learn valuable lessons about positive risk taking and good sportsmanship, while increasing their physical fitness and sport-specific knowledge.
Fifth Grade athletes will:
- compete actively and extend their personal limits
- increase their strength, stamina, and agility
- acquire sport-specific skills and knowledge
- learn how to work within a team setting
- appreciate the school’s six core values