Why Be a BDS Associate Teacher?
The Benefits of the Belmont Day School Associate Teacher Program
- Communication: Our mentor teachers embrace the discussion of their decisions and feedback, and listen and learn from yours.
- Inspiration: Our students will enchant you and fire your desire to be a leader in education.
- Skill-building: We know that good classroom management enables great teaching. And that great teaching enables good classroom management.
- Community: We empower the individual to value and build strong communities through collaboration. Learn to be a community member as well as a classroom teacher.
- Philosophy: Our academic environment nurtures the thoughtful evolution of curriculum and its purposeful development into excellent instruction.
- Connection: We teach firsthand how to build healthy relationships with colleagues, parents, students, and your associate teacher peers.
- Support: We offer personalized and attentive supervision and mentorship through our intentionally small program cohort of 8.
- Fuel: We are what we eat! A healthy, and very delicious, breakfast and lunch are provided every day to BDS community members.